Congratulations, and many thanks to the marvelous instructors who gave so willingly of their time and talent to making this event an artistic success. Kudos and appreciation to the 80 plus attendees who made this event a financial windfall for the Japan Disaster Relief recipients of such a generous and compassionate gesture. Over $4,000.00 was collected, and will be wired to an appropriate destination still being researched for maximum results.
We all hope to continue this momentum of hope for those in need over the months and years to come, as the effects of earthquake, tsunami and nuclear fallout will linger for years to come. Perhaps other groups will form events similar to this, giving additional comfort and support to those less fortunate than us, and not only in Japan.
Thanks again, and God Bless you all!
Aikido Academy USA – Alhambra, California
Username: AikidoDogJoin Date: Jul 2011Posts: 1Offline Re: 7/23-24, Japan Relief Aikido Seminar, Alhambra CA
A deep bow to all who were at this event. It is good to see aikido dojos coming together in the spirit of Osensei to help Japan. Kudos to the organizers. I can remember when Osensei was alive Aikido was one. Lets us return.
- Francis Takahashi, 7th Dan Shihan, Aikido Academy USA
- Jack Arnold, 7th Dan Shihan, Daiwa Aikido
- Dang Thong Phong, 6th Dan Shihan, Tenshinkai Aikido Westminster
- Kazuho Nishida, 6th Dan Shidoin, City Aikido of Los Angeles
- Lia Suzuki, 6th Dan, Aikido Kenkyukai Santa Barbara
- Dr. James Graves, 5th Dan Shidoin, City Aikido of Los Angeles
- Lee Lavi Ramirez, 4th Dan Shidoin, North Valley Aikikai
- Scott Howard, 4th Dan Shidoin, Whittier Aikikai
- Ray Feliciano, 4th Dan Shidoin, Pasadena Aikikai
- John Harney, 4th Dan, Aikido Academy USA